Thursday, July 20, 2017

Home Security Cameras for Cheap People Like Me

Everybody is always asking me where to get the things that I buy, so I decided I'm just going to start a blog so I can direct people there instead of having to find links and send them.  Yes, I know, I'm like 20 years late to the blog party, but in fairness my first blog ran from 1996 through 2003, and I've just been off living life instead.

So first up, and I get asked about this all the time, is the cameras I use to watch Barkley.  (See photos below).  They are the EZVIZ Mini O cameras that I bought off Amazon.  They are super simple to set up.  I originally bought just one, and then I ended up buying another one a couple days later.  They probably aren't the world's greatest security cameras, but they get the job done.  The video is pretty good, and you can digitally zoom in for more detail.  You can also listen to audio, which picks up things like Barkley and the dog walker pretty well.  The camera also has speakers but they are very quiet.  You can make out what someone is saying, but it's no replacement for an entercom system.

The Mini O also allows you to add a SD card for saving video, and has motion sensors to detect any movement.  I've turned mine off since Barkley sets them off, but they'd be useful for a more security oriented setup.

The camera just connects to your wifi setup, and you can connect to the cameras via an app on your phone, or log in to the EZVIZ website.  I'm behind a firewall at work, so the website doesn't work well for me, but the app is great!  I'm really picky, as you all know, so I was really surprised that I actually liked this product.

Okay, that's all for now.  Obviously I'll be featuring a lot of animal related items here, but I'll share anything else that I think is great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Great First Electric Razor

Yesterday, a single mom asked about her 13 year old son who was growing a mustache.  She had no experience with shaving, and wasn't sure...